Saturday, January 23, 2010

Call for Submissions

&nbsp
I've been thinking about where I want to take  The Penny Blog now that I've finished posting "Penny." What I'd like to do is to publish poetry on it; but not all mine.

I've started publishing more obscure, less-web-accessible poetry by Wallace Stevens, preparatory to putting up his "Notes Toward a Supreme Fiction" in February and "The Man With the Blue Guitar" in March. (I posted Supreme Fiction onto usenet last April as my National Poetry month [NaPoMo] project, and I plan to do the same with Blue Guitar this April.)

But I'd like to get more of a variety than that. So after taking care of Stevens I'll be looking at other hard-to-find-on-line favorites of mine in the public domain. As well (and here's the big news):

I'd be interested in publishing poems by other internet poets, if others want to submit them. I can't and won't pay anything, but it will give you a new venue, and something else to put on the cv. (In turn, having  The Penny Blog on some cv's can only help increase its profile.) And, of course, you will retain copyright; all you're giving me is a one-time usage.

For my part, I reserve the right to be selective; and only publish the poems I think are good enough to be there with the public-domain reprints. But that doesn't mean I want only one type; I'd like as much variety as possible.

If you're interested, please mail your poem(s) to
georgedance04@yahoo.ca.

If any come in quickly, I'll consider putting them on now in January -- February and March are reserved for Stevens' two long efforts only -- but I'm thinking the best thing for me to do is to roll out all the new poems over the month of April, as this year's NaPoMo project.
&nbsp

No comments:

Post a Comment