Saturday, February 14, 2026

Poem for Kathy / Will Dockery


Poem for Kathy


Kathy and Will, February 11, 1978.
Who is wonderful to me
who's a true love –
Princess of the Night
Demonstar Sorceress,
lots of love to you –
you're great.

I can't think of
anything else I should write.
If I try
my emotions explode.

~~
Will Dockery, 1977
from Selected Poems, 1976-2019, 2019 

[All rights reserved - used with permission]

Will Dockery biography
Valentine's Day on The Penny Blog

9 comments:

  1. Good selection. 😏

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm viewing and posting this from the JLA Forums version, GJD.
    Wondering if views here show up on your counter?
    Perhaps MummyChunk would know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thread for this poem on JLA Forums just passed 1,000 replies yesterday, quite a milestone.
    😏

    ReplyDelete
  4. Over 1,000 comments on this poem at JLA Forums poetry newsgroup. A landmark, if sorts.
    😏

    ReplyDelete