Saturday, March 9, 2013

2 poems / R.K. Singh


DEAD OR ALIVE

My shrinking body
even if I donate
what's there for research?

devil in the spine
abusing tongue in sleep
or bleeding anus

defy all prayers
on bed or in temple –
the same heresy

oozing and stinking
onanist excursion
dead or alive

- R/K. Singh, 2013


CLAY DREAMS

They make my face
ugly in my own sight
what shall I see in the mirror?

there is no beauty
or holiness left
in the naked nation:

the streams flow dark
and the hinges of doors moan
politics of corruption

I weep for its names
and the faces they deface
with clay dreams

- R.K. Singh, 2013

~~
[All rights reserved - used with permission]

R.K. Singh biography
Other poems by R.K. Singh

1 comment:

  1. I feel honored to find my poems in Penny's Top 20.
    Thank you George.

    --R.K.Singh

    ReplyDelete