Friday, April 8, 2011

Daily News / George J. Dance


Daily News

I don’t want to look at the news today
But I don’t want to talk – No, I’m not okay,
There’s nothing to say, just go away –

So I stay head down in a corner booth
And I stare at the daily lies and truth
And I read: "One Charged in Death of Youth."

There’s a picture of you, so fly, so cool,
So in control, so nobody’s fool,
Big grin on your face, big idiot drool,

You hide beside your shyster guy
In a rented suit and a borrowed tie,
And I want to spit and I want to cry:

Badass motherfucker, hide behind your cool shades
– Cut a man for stepping on your blue suedes –
Fuck you, bitch, you ought to feel your own blades.

Better escape and run, boy, run,
’cause you had a knife, but I got a gun
And you fucked with me when you cut my son.

~~
George J. Dance, 2009
from Logos, and other logoi, 2021
 
[All rights reserved by the author - used with permission]

No comments:

Post a Comment