Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sky Song / Will Dockery


Sky Song

Sky songs written with cloud and light,
and numbers, look that up
to a point, I see it and the sound echoes off the brick.
Queen of darkness, she's out of sight,
our lady of the earth,
tall and hot,
travel lightly.
Misspoken, I did not know the details then,
it's real clear to me now.
Into the breath
ringing down from the sky,
poems the sky writes on slick paper,
wet ink glistens on the leaves and grass.
She has cartoon red hair,
he is the man with the finger flow,
then they become as one on the floor.
It is clear to me now.
What am I to say on this strange warm night?
I am as a statue.
The moon sings,
my heart rings with a strange new sadness.

~~
Will Dockery, 1998
from Secret Madrigals, 2002

[All rights reserved by the author - Used with permission]

Will Dockery biography

No comments:

Post a Comment