Friday, April 15, 2011

My Silence (4-6) / R.K. Singh

from MY SILENCE (1974-1984)

(1 - 3)

4

I clasp your hands
and feel the blood
running savagely
through your arteries
in tulip silence


5

Is it the perfume
or your body
that makes the night
drunken?

your lush lips
ripple fire
in beautiful silence

your fragrance radiates
flowers and water

can I seek
my voice
in your breasts?


6

Blind
I see her beauty
deaf
I hear her melody
ignorant
I partake of her knowledge
poor
I share her wealth
in-drawn
her vision reigns my heart

yet the darkness of dust
veils my being
I don’t understand
the hidden words

though I sit
under her tree of love
she’s still away from me
just one pace
if I could take
I enter
the pavilion of eternity

~~
R.K.Singh
Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India

From the book

Sense and Silence: The Collected Poems of R.K. Singh
(Yking, 2010)
Read: http://collectedpoemsofrksingh.blogspot.com/
Buy: http://www.flipkart.com/sense-silence-singh-collected-poems-book-8191058820

[All rights reserved by the author - Used with permission]

No comments:

Post a Comment