Saturday, May 25, 2019

Saint Augustine Blues #6 / Will Dockery

from Saint Augustine Blues 

Chorus Six

Dollars in the bucket
collect for the street singer.
Old man with beads paints a chinaberry
points out the parrots.

Blonde after blonde after blonde
after the parade.
People start looking really strange again.

I must seem likewise to them
as this dusty smell surrounds me.

I'd draw these people with words
but I'm not fast enough.
They pass and fade
part of the parade.

On this really old wall,
good view from up here.
Forever is a long time
but not as long as yesterday.

~~
Will Dockery, 1999
from Selected Poems, 1976-2019, 2019 

[All rights reserved - used with permission]

Will Dockery biography

4 comments:

  1. Groovy times in Florida...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Captures a Moment in Time beautifully. The Reader can see and feel it all! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will endorse this one as well, an all-time great one.

    ReplyDelete