Sunday, March 29, 2020

The Key / George J. Dance


The Key

There is a killer, screaming to get out;
He beats his bars and rants till short of breath.
I block my ears, but still can hear him shout
Of bloody violence, destruction, death.
I must keep him confined inside of me;
I am the only one who holds the key.

There is another man locked up in there,
Though quietly he mourns on his sad fate,
On wisdom and on beauty he would share
But keeps within his cell until too late.
Before I die, I must set that man free;
I am the only one who holds the key.

~~
George J. Dance, 2020
from Logos, and other logoi, 2021

Creative Commons License
["The Key" by George J. Dance is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike (BY-SA) 4.0 International license.]

George J. Dance biography

No comments:

Post a Comment