Wednesday, April 7, 2010

White Sands Meet the Blue/Green Sea /
Jeanne Ames


White Sands Meet the Blue/Green Sea

I want to go where the blue/green waters flow
Under cloudless sunny skies, and warm winds blow,

Where white sands rush to meet caressing waves,
Crystal waters wed virgin sands in cathedral caves,

Palm trees look down to gaze into a turquoise sea;
There love is ripe, and Pandora’s Box has no key.

Brightly colored birds soar overhead calling to us,
Terrain dark with ferns under forests green and lush,

Waterfalls pour over rocky cliffs into mirror-like pools
Where bright colored flowers float sparkling like jewels.

Only in my dreams have I run on the white sands
That separate tepid seas from sun soaked lands.

I want to sail away to this paradise of my dreams.
Maybe my dreamland is not as far away as it seems,

One day I might reach this land that beckons me
Where the white sands meet the blue/green sea.

~~
Jeanne Ames (Kitten)
Oregon, U.S.A.

Jeanne Ames on "Poets":
http://groups.google.ca/groups/profile?hl=en&enc_user=F9AAvhUAAAAhWowkGOj2WBWD4CSVVVatM2QSjOpuh1pnvFAOUlylOg

[All rights reserved by the author - Used with permission]

No comments:

Post a Comment